Biceps Workout Exercises
Biceps Workout Exercises: When talking about muscles the key interest of very person is to work on biceps as biceps are the most noticeable point of a guy with bigger arms. But one new thing to be learned is that triceps contributes to maximum arm component hence it also requires equal amount of attention to have a perfect balance so as to achieve required results.
For bigger muscles the most important priority should be lifting as heavy as possible.
Some of the major biceps workout exercises are:
1. Standing Barbell Biceps Curls:
It is considered to be the best for strength development.
Point to be noted:
- Don’t cut the movement pattern short.
- Because of Momentum don’t lean backwards when you pick the weight upwards as in this case momentum does the work and not the muscles.
Point of advice:
- Perform it in a controlled manner and slowly.
- Allow the work on deep muscle fibres with higher intensity.
How to do?
- Grab a straight barbell or and E-Z barbell for better grip or hand placement.
- With facing out and away from each other take wither an inside grip or wide grip.
- Pick the bar up to your chest with back straight throughout the complete movement.
- Lower the bar and then repeat as you desire to so.
2. Seated barbell curl:
- Sit on a bench with back straight
- Hold a straight bar or an E-Z bar and rest it on a lap.
- Grip it with inside grip or wide grip with palms facing you.
- Curl it to your chest and then lower it.
- Repeat it for desired number of times.
3. Preacher Barbell Curls:
- Sit on a bench that has padded arm rest and grab a straight barbell or E-Z barbell.
- Hold it with inside grip or a wide grip with palms facing you and away from each other.
- Lower the barbell with arms fully straight.
- Curl it back slowly with arms close to shoulders.
- Repeat it for the desired number of times.
4. Concentration Curls:
Note it: It should be done while sitting as minimum work will be done by the momentum and most by the arm muscles.
It emphasize on the bicep muscles
- Sit on bench and hold a dumbbell.
- Straight you arm down and rest the elbow on the inner thigh on the same side of leg with a dumbbell in your hand.
- Now curl it to your shoulder and hold it to the point of contraction.
- Lower it and then repeat it for the number of times you desire.
- Repeat it same with opposite arm too.
5. Standing Dual High Pulley Cable Curl: It targets the deep tissue muscle fibres and while performing this exercise all stabilizing muscles which surround the biceps comes into play.
How to do?
- Place the pulleys at high level and stand between them.
- Use a stirrup handle with each pulley.
- With biceps and triceps parallel to the ground, hols each pulley with palms facing the ceiling.
- Curl both the arms to a point where knuckles touch your head.
- Slowly come back to previous position.
- Repeat it to desired number of times.
6. Standing Low Pulley Cable Curl:
- Take an adjustable pulley cable at the lowest level.
- Use a flat bar attachment or E-Z Curl attachment.
- Grab it with wide grip or inside grip and palms facing the ceiling.
- Curl it till your shoulders.
- Lower it slowly and repeat it as desired number of times.
7. One Arm Stirrup Cable Curls:
- Take an adjustable pulley cable or low pulley cable at set it to lowest level.
- Hold a single stirrup attached to the pulley
- With palm facing the ceiling, grab the stirrup with one hand.
- Curl it up to shoulders.
- Lower the weight and repeat it desired number of times.
- Now do the same with opposite arm.
Biceps Workout Exercises