Cardio Workout Exercises Diet Plan
In your busy schedule one hardly gets time to go for gym and workout especially during the holiday season when one tends to splurge on fatty items. A Cardio workout is the best to burn the extra calories and keeps the metabolism exhilarated and keeps the person energized the whole day. So, here is are some best cardio workout exercises diet plan you can follow and able to do at home.
Warm up is very important before cardio workouts or it may cause injuries. Perform some warm up exercises and then move into main circuit. Some warm up exercises are as follows:
- Reverse lunges: sit in a lunge position with a big step back of right foot. The left foot should not be far beyond the toes. Then using the balls of left toe, stand with chest up whole the time. Repeat it 10 times.
- Squats and arms: Stand on the floor with feet hip-width apart and both the arms up facing each other. Then bend your knees in a sitting position. Then stand to normal position. Repeat it 10 times.
- Bridges: lie on the floor with knees up and feet below the knees and hands at the side. Slowly lift your hips using your glutes and then slowly bring it back to the floor. Relax for a sec and then repeat the same 10 times.
- Plank and touch to shoulders: lie in a position of push-ups. Raise your body with hands under shoulders. Without the movement of hips touch right hand to left shoulder then bring it back and do the same with the other hand. Repeat each side 10 times.
1. Burpees: it is the challenging one but it tones up your abdominal, back, glutes, calves, hip flexors and Pecs.
Sit in squat position with hands on the floor. Kick your feet back and lie in a push up position then kick gain and be in the squat position and then stand up. Repeat it for 3-5 min.
2. Jumping jacks: it uses a great deal of energy but it increases the heart rate also and hence tones up the thighs, deltoids and quads.
Stand with feet together and hands to the sides with knees little bent. Now jump and raise your arms separating both the legs wide apart and then return back. Keep doing it for 3-5 min. slowly increase the intensity by jumping faster.
3. High knees: it is way harder than it looks but it tones up abdominal muscles, hip flexors and thighs.
Run at a normal pace but by lifting your knees high. You can do this while marching or skipping too.
4. Lateral jumps: it is a light workout. Their targets are the outer and inner thighs and calves. It engages the core muscles and builds strength in ankles, knees and hips.
Stand on the floor and mark a line to one of your side then jump as high as possible to the other side of line and then jump back. Repeat it for 2-4 min. You can also keep a stick or and long and small thing too.
If any one wishes to have high intensity cardio workouts, the following exercises are perfect. But one should not take breaks in between while doing them.
Before these a warm up is very important or it may harm your body internally.
- High jogs: raise your knees up as high as possible, bets is to waist level one by one. Keep your knees bent to lower the impact of landing on the balls of your feet. Repeat it for 30 seconds.
- Heel digs: stand with feet together. Then jump and bring your right heel straight in front of left foot. Then jump aging and change legs. Repeat it for 30-40 seconds.
- March or walk: do brisk walking or march for a min.
Food for cardio workout:
1. Before a workout: If you are having an hour or less before the workout, always got for a low-fat snack
- No fat yogurt
- Simple low fat vegetable salad
2. After workout: it is the time to gain energy and to recover the won out muscles. Hence a diet full of carbohydrates and proteins.
- Chocolate milk
- Protein bar
- Chicken or turkey sandwich
Cardio Workout Exercises Diet Plan